NEC makes banded video walls or screens with an ultra-bright, professional grade panel that creates an entrancing effect on viewers. The display of these screens is 130% brighter than previous generations of NEC screens, while consuming only 37% more power. These screens come with Digital Technology Suite, which is suitable for both indoor and outdoor displays.
NEC’s Tile Matrix technology simplifies the process of setting up video walls. With easily integrated third-party components, including, adjoining speakers, digital tuners and stands building video walls is a breeze. NEC also has a user-friendly wall calibrator.
NEC’s next generation of screens, the X series, includes the X463UN. This impressive screen is designed for 24/7 operation, which is in high demand. The X463UN is a direct LED-backlit LCD display, which allows for improved vividness, reduced power consumption, and mercury-free components. The display supports Intel’s Open Pluggable Specification (OPS).
The X463UN includes the following features:
- A direct LED backlighting spring, which allows even allocation of luminosity across the section, resulting in improved standardization from bezel-to-bezel.
- A professional-grade LCD panel with highly developed thermal fortification and sealed panel design for the most stringent digital signage manufacturing requirements.
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Brightness of 500 cd/m² Contrast ratio of 3500:1 Power using up of 120W
- Chock-a-block digital connectivity with Display Port In/Out, DVI-D In/Out and HDMI
- Network Control and communiqué through RS232C or LAN, which allows the highest level of isolated display administration
- Tile Matrix technology for setting up to 100 displays on video walls
- Built-in expansion slot, which allows for seamless integration of NEC-branded or Intel OPS-certified cards
- Optional color calibration clarification, which ensures color and brightness homogeny across multiple screens, creating a wholly matched image in lined environments
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon reserves
- ENERGY STAR® 5.1, which meets stern energy effectiveness course of action set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy
“Video walls are making bold statements for the organizations deploying them, and these large-scale canvases are growing in numbers and complexity,” said Keith Yanke, NEC’s director of product marketing for large screen displays and projectors. “The NEC X463UN display brings reduced power consumption and improved edge-to-edge brightness through direct LED backlighting, while also providing a decreased active-area-to-active-area gap and multiple digital loop-through connections.”
The X463UN will be available in March 2012 at an estimated retail price of $5,149. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.